Set to Sea pg. 74
• Hey, that was a fun Fluke, wasn’t it? We were all crammed in there pretty good. Fluke is like some monster hermit crab, leaving discarded Athens venues scattered on the beach.
• I got a lot of damn minicomics, but I didn’t actually spend more money than I made, so that’s a win.
• We had to duck out of the show for an hour or so, to go put on a puppet show at the local library. That went off well too. I think after you’ve had to entertain 50+ children, interacting with a few comics nerds seems a lot easier. The rest of the show was a lot more relaxed.
• I didn’t take any pictures, but this guy did.
• I inked a couple pages for the Fluke anthology as well. Did you hear what the deal with that? Patrick Dean penciled out a 24-page story, and the pages got divvied up amongst a lot of Athens/Atlanta cartoonists, who all inked them independently of each other. We were all surprised to find the story fairly readable in the end! Copies went out to every Fluke attendee, so I think that they might be “sold out” for the moment. I’ll let you know when it’s back in print.